Celebrate African Canadian/Black History Month, Indigenous Storytelling Month,
and Archives Week (Feb. 5-11)!
The Archaeology Centre (1-1730 Quebec Avenue) is open Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm and on Fridays by appointment. Staff can still be reached via email or by phoning the office (306-664-4124). We are a mask-friendly facility and ask any visitors to please wear a mask when visiting the office. Disposable masks are available for visitors at the office.
February 13 – all day
February 20 – Family Day
Prince Albert Historical Society: The Historical Society office and museum is open from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday. If you wish to visit the Rotary Museum of Police and Corrections, the John and Olive Diefenbaker Museum, or the Evolution of Education Museum, please call the Historical Museum (306-764-2992) ahead of time. February events include:
- Archives Tour with Frey Payton & Ken Guedo to kick off “Archives Week: February 4 (2:00 pm) – Pre-registration is preferred but drop-ins are welcome. Free admission.
- “I Love History” Family Activity: February 11 (10:00 am – 4:00 pm) – Bring your sweethearts to make a Valentine’s craft, take selfies, and create memories. Free Family activity with regular admission.
- Family Day: February 20 (1:00-4:00 pm) – Free admission.
- February Break: February 21-24 – Tours and programs TBD. Regular admission.
- Coffee & Conversation – The History of the Winter Festival: February 23 (2:00-3:30 pm) – Pre-registration is preferred but drop-ins are welcome. Free admission.
For up to date information please visit our Facebook page.
Saskatoon Archaeological Society: The February speaker will be Dr. Liz Robertson on Friday, February 17 at 7:00 pm. Dr. Robertson will be speaking on “The I-Love-Archaeology Boat: Small Ship Cruise Tourism and Archaeological Site Management in the Arctic”. Anyone interested in attending the February meeting can email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Facebook group for more information and the Zoom link.