Come and dig with us! No experience necessary! All ages welcome! Our field schools run for four days but one-day options are available. Field schools are held during the spring and summer of each year and dates are announced by March.
Each year we tend to offer field schools of two types:
- Survey Field School: involves field mapping of important tipi rings and boulder configuration sites as well as homesteads and other surface features.
- Excavation Field School: offers the chance to participate in an excavation.
This program is open to the general public of all ages. It accomplishes two main purposes:
- It provides exposure to scientific archaeological methods and conservation of archaeological resources, and
- It provides hands-on experience and an appreciation of the value of our archaeological heritage.
Both are fun!
2023 Field School Details:
2023 Excavation Field School
- Telegraph Station at Original Humboldt – June 17-18 and 24-25.