Since 2009, SAS member Alice Trusty has been organizing study tours internationally. These tours typically last 2 weeks or more and are fully planned to include accommodations, meals, entry to sites and museums, etc.
2009 – American Southwest (including Chaco Culture National Historic Park, Mesa Verde, Monument Valley, Petrified Forest, Canyon de Chelly amongst others)
2011 – England & Greece (including Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge, Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Santorini, Delos, Mykonos, Athens Acropolis, and many more)
2012 – Scotland & Ireland (including Inverness, Orkney, New Grange, Skellig, Donegal, Aschill, Galway, etc.)
2014 – Italy (Rome, Sorrento, Paestum, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Mount Vesuvius, Bolzano, Pisa, and Venice)
2016 – England, France, & Holland (including Salisbury, Avebury, Dieppe, Bayeux, Normandy, Chinon, Sarlat, Arles, Versailles, Groningen, Amsterdam)
2018 – Coastal British Columbia (tentative itinerary included Victoria, Coombs, Cathedral Forest, Campbell River, Port Hardy, Telegraph Cove, Prince Rupert, Haida Gwaii, Masset, Skidigate Museum, Terrace, Nass Valley volcanic field, Nisga’a Museum, St. James National Historic Park, Whistler, etc.).
2020 – Malta and Sicily
Some of the participants of past trips were kind enough to write about their travels. See their member adventures below.
- Our Newfoundland Trip – Alice Trusty
- The Maier’s Trip to Egypt – Gil Watson
- The Four Corners Adventure – Gil Watson
More information about previous study tours can typically found in past issues of the Saskatchewan Archaeology Quarterly.
Study Tour Group in the American Southwest (© 2009 Gil Watson)
**SAS Programs Refund Policy:
The SAS board recently approved the following refund policy.
For payment of programs and services:
• If a participant cancels before the deadline, they will receive a full refund minus a 10% administration fee.
• If a participant cancels after the deadline but more than seven (7) days prior to event, they will receive a 50% refund and donation receipt for the other 50%.
• If a participant cancels within seven (7) days of the event, there will be no refund, but a donation receipt can be issued for the amount paid.
• If a participant does not give notice, and does not attend the event (i.e., a no show), no refund will be given.
Extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In circumstances where the Saskatchewan Archaeological Society has to cancel an event, full refunds will be given.