Annual Gathering and Annual General Meeting – Members of our Society meet yearly across the province. Visit our Annual Gathering page to learn about past meetings and upcoming ones.
- Keith Lewis Memorial (KLM) Student Presentation Award History – bestowed on an undergraduate and a graduate student at the Annual Gathering.
- NEW: 2020 Online Competition of the KLM Student Presentation Award – criteria and application details.
Annual Chapter BBQ – Each year, one of our Chapters hosts a day tour of local archaeological sites followed by a potluck/bbq during the summer months.
ArchaeoCaravan – Information can be found on this page about our recent ArchaeoCaravan-Museums program, ArchaeoCaravan activities, and upcoming events where they ArchaeoCaravan can be found at.
Archaeology Month – Designated by the Provincial Minister of Parks, Culture and Sport annually, a listing of archaeological activities held across the province.
Archaeological Bus Tours – The Society has offered one to three-day bus tours to archaeological sites across Canada and into the United States for over 25 years.
Field Schools – Every summer the SAS offers public programming at archaeological sites across the province. Learn excavation techniques, site recording and surveying – no experience necessary.
Study Tours – SAS Member Alice Trusty has been planning international archaeological study tours since 2009.
Bridging Time: Exploring Saskatoon’s Hidden Heritage – Our newest SAS project! Learn more about archaeology in the City of Saskatoon through our map and app.
**SAS Programs Refund Policy:
The SAS board recently approved the following refund policy.
For payment of programs and services:
• If a participant cancels before the deadline, they will receive a full refund minus a 10% administration fee.
• If a participant cancels after the deadline but more than seven (7) days prior to event, they will receive a 50% refund and donation receipt for the other 50%.
• If a participant cancels within seven (7) days of the event, there will be no refund, but a donation receipt can be issued for the amount paid.
• If a participant does not give notice, and does not attend the event (i.e., a no show), no refund will be given.
Extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In circumstances where the Saskatchewan Archaeological Society has to cancel an event, full refunds will be given.